Friday, August 3, 2012

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL .. DELIRIUM .. MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA .. SEPTEMBER 2006 ..

Over the years I have attended many many Cirque Du Soleil shows all over the world, Florida, Boston, Amsterdam, London, New York, Los Angeles, Dublin, more often Las Vegas..  Home to no less than five shows, all of which I have seen many times over the years.. This paticular show was a touring show that happened to be stopping over for two nights in September 2006. I was in Vegas for my birthday on the 8th and was delighted to see the show was playing the legendary MGM Garden Arena.. Described as 'a multi-sensory experience', this show took the format of a concert, with the traditional 'Cirque Du Soleil' imagery and featuring remixed and reworked music from the many other hit 'Cirque' shows.. I did find the show interesting, but I don't think it was a success and many audience members were dissapointed in it.. Funnily enough I was in Palm Springs the following week and went into a store and lo and behold the owner has been sitting in our row at the show! Needless to say he was not too impressed with the show, as I imagine many people have a specific idea of what a 'Cirque' show is and as this show was trying a different angle, it just put a few people off.. Never the less it was entertaining and you can't blame the troupe for trying something different..

No comments:

Post a Comment