Tuesday, May 4, 2010

THE PRODUCERS PARIS LAS VEGAS OCTOBER 2007

Although not a big fan of Mel Brook's, I had heard very good things about the stage musical of "The Producer's", which had been a smash hit on Broadway and London's West End, that I decided to attend a performance in Las Vegas. I also was lured by Tony Danza, who had taken over the starring role from David Hasselhoff. The show opened to a gala premiere in February of 2007, but failed to be the success it needed to be, to stay on the strip. The curtain closed on this production in February of 2008. I quite enjoyed the show, preformed in the Paris theatre, which currently is the new home for Barry Manilow, who has moved from his previous home at the Las Vegas Hilton. I have been to that show and plan to see his new production in December. The night before I attended this performance, I attended a performance of the fabulous "Jubilee" at Bally's and the cast of "The Producers" including Tony Danza, sat next to us in the VIP booths. Have seen "Jubilee" many times and will be featuring it in a future post..

No comments:

Post a Comment