Sunday, May 2, 2010

KYLIE ... X TOUR 2008

As a teenager I grew up watching the Australian daily soap "Neighbours" and when Kylie Minogue hit the pop scene back in 1986 with her first hit "I Should Be So Lucky", I was one of the first few to own the 12" single month's before it hit the UK charts. I left my hometown of Sligo in the West of Ireland in the Autumn of 1986 to do a training course in Dublin and started to buy my regular fix of records from a wonderful little store called "Beat Records", which specialized in dance records, they also had the latest eurobeat/hi-nrg tracks and all the advance releases from the PWL stable, of which Kylie was an artist. 24 years later and I am still a fan of Kylie and so delighted that she still is as vital in the music business as she was then. With a brand new album "Aphrodite" out next month and a single not to mention the chances of another spectacular tour, I thought I would feature items from her 2008 tour "X".
As with all Kylie tours, it was a large spectacle and due to this this show only went to Belfast, as The Point Theatre which normally houses large shows, had closed to allow the brand new O2 Arena to be built. So I decided to travel to Glasgow on Saturday 5th July to attend this performance at the SECC. With not as many feathers as the ultra glamorous "Showgirl" tour, it still had it's fair share of hi-tech glamour!!  Here is the flyer..secc  promo ad..ticket and print ad..

No comments:

Post a Comment