Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MENOPAUSE THE MUSICAL : TIVOLI THEATRE DUBLIN 2007

This popular musical has been playing all over the world for many years and has been revived in Ireland for the last few years, with a new season opening shortly. I caught this performance on Thursday 25th October 2007.This hilarious celebration of women and the change! starred Ireland's Panto and theatre legend Adele King, better known as Twink. Also starring were Eurovision singing star Linda Martin, Irish soap "Fair City" star Una Crawford O'Brien and Disco/Hi-Nrg Legend Miquel Brown, (So Many Men, So Little Time & He's a Saint He's a Sinner). I took my mum to see this and we both enjoyed it. It is set in a department store and the ladies singing there way through the problems they incur whilst going through the Menopause!, all the songs are chart hits reworked to suit the premise ie, "My Guy" becomes "My Thighs" - Everything I do, Sticks like glue. To M y Thigh's! .. A fun evening was had by all, even if I could smell estrogen for hours later! Shown here is an ad, ticket and a photo of myself with the girls after the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment