Saturday, December 13, 2014

CINDERELLA .. NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE .. LONDON .. DECEMBER 12TH 2015

Every holiday season I try and catch at least a couple of panto's, my decision made as a result of star casting and Linda Gray been my point of interest for this production. Although a regular to the Birmingham Hippodrome for their spectacular offerings, this was my first panto at The New Wimbledon and I must say I quite enjoyed the experience. Maybe not with the budget of a Qdos, who produce the Hippodrome shows, this First Family production had
it's share of spectacle. In her debut panto role, Linda Gray looks sensational as The Fairy Godmother and seems at home in pantoland and she told me after, she really was enjoying herself and despite the hectic show schedule, she was loving every minute of it. Also appearing were the hilarious team of Matthew Kelly and son Matthew Rixon who camped it up as the ugly sisters.. I last saw
them in another production of 'Cinderella' at The Mayflower in Southampton a few years ago, when the equally fabulous Stefanie Powers was the star... One of the highlights of 'Cinderella' is always the transformation scene and it was beautifully done here to the fashionable sound of the theme from 'Frozen' with a nod to the transformation scene in the film and snow rains down on the audience to complete the effect..  A thoroughly enjoyable night was had by all, with a standing ovation for the energetic cast..

No comments:

Post a Comment