Tuesday, April 20, 2010

EARTHA KITT ; A PURRFECT EVENING .. THE SHAW THEATRE LONDON FEBRUARY 2007


In 2007 the legendary Eartha Kitt returned to London after an absence of 15 years to play a 5 intimate shows at The Shaw Theatre, London Euston. I was delighted to travel over to see the legend described by Orson Welles as "One of the most exciting women in the world". It was a magical evening and in the front row I caught the glare of the Feline in full pouty action. I was delighted to meet Eartha after the show as seen in this photo, also shown is a signed program for the evening and my ticket! I again traveled over to see her at The Pigalle Club in London in 2008 in what turned out to be one of her last shows in the UK. A few months later she had passed away. A one of a kind..an old fashioned girl..an old fashioned star we will never see the like again!

No comments:

Post a Comment